Adding Content to Course
Follow this tutorial to discover the different types of content to add to your course: Blackboard Content Types
A student submits an Assignment directly in Blackboard, either as an attached document or as typed text. The process is paperless. When you create the assignment, it is automatically added to the Grade Center.
Follow this tutorial to add Assignments to your course: Blackboard Assignments
SafeAssign is a tool that helps both students and instructors. After students submit their papers, the tool compares them to a database of academic work [note: not all professional journals are included] and internet sources. Each student receives a report on the submitted paper; the instructors can view the report and provide helpful feedback so the student correctly quotes, paraphrases, and cites sources. Instructors can also directly submit papers.
Follow this tutorial to learn how to use the SafeAssign function: Blackboard SafeAssign
View this video tutorial from Blackboard: Use SafeAssign in Assignments
Using Tests, Surveys and Pools
Blackboard offers a variety of tools to support an instructor’s ability to assess students.
Follow this tutorial to learn how to create tests in Blackboard: Blackboard Tests
View this video tutorial from Blackboard: Create a Test in Blackboard
View this video tutorial from Blackboard: Export and Import a Test or Survey
Follow these tutorials to learn how to use Respondus with Blackboard to administer online tests securely:
- Directions for Downloading and Installing Respondus: Downloading Respondus
- Using Respondus to Import Test Questions: Using Respondus with Blackboard
- Administering a Secure Online Test: Blackboard Secure Online Tests
- Administering Exams with Respondus Lockdown Browser and Respondus Monitor (YouTube video)
- Western Technical College instructor Tamra Brown gives a short overview of how to use Respondus LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor to administer online exams using Blackboard Learn.
- Instructor Quickstart Guide: Instructor Quick Start Guide LockDown Browser™ and Respondus Monitor™
- Student Quickstart Guide: Student Quick Start Guide LockDown Browser™ and Respondus Monitor ™
Follow this tutorial to learn how to create Surveys in Blackboard:
Blackboard offers a variety of tools designed to promote instructor-to-student interaction, as well as student-to-student interaction.
Resources for using Wikis, Blogs & Discussions:
- Overview of Wikis, Blogs & Discussion Boards: Overview of Wikis, Blogs, and Discussions
- Using Blogs: Blackboard Blogs
- View this video tutorial from Blackboard: Create a Blog
- Using Wikis: Blackboard Wikis
- View this video tutorial from Blackboard: Create and Manage Wikis
- Using Discussion Forums: Blackboard Discussion Forums
- Discussion Board Tips: Blackboard Discussion Board Tips
- View this video tutorial from Blackboard: Create Discussion Board Forums
Follow this tutorial to learn about the Journal function: Blackboard Journals
View this video tutorial from Blackboard: How to Create a Journal
Follow this tutorial to learn about Blackboard Glossaries: Blackboard Glossary
Instructors can add media such as Images, Videos, and Mashups to their Blackboard courses.
Follow this tutorial to learn more about media: Blackboard Media
View this video tutorial from Blackboard: Create a Mashup