Career Services Resources for Faculty/Staff
Career Services has found that one of the most effective ways to reach out to students is through classroom presentations. Career Services staff members make presentations each year on a variety of topics. Learn more about Career Services presentation offerings.
Plan on being gone? Please don’t cancel class. Call or email Career Services at 608.785.9440 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have one of our staff members come talk to your class about a variety of topics including career planning, interviewing, resume writing (PDF), networking, labor market information, Wisconsin TechConnect/Employment Services, and more.
NACE Resources – National Association of Colleges and Employers
- A FERPA Primer: The Basics and Beyond and Beyond
- Career Development: Internships
- Sample Faculty Reference Letter
- Writing a Reference Letter
Labor Market Information
- Bureau of Labor Statistics – Wages, Earnings and Benefits
- NACE Salary Calculator Center
- WI Department of Workforce Development
- Wisconsin WorkNet
- Western’s Gainful Employment Report
- includes Graduate Success Report information on the bottom of the web page
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network with over 43 million members, 250,000 company profiles, and over 350,000 professional groups. LinkedIn connects you to trusted contacts and helps you exchange knowledge, ideas, and opportunities with a broader network of