FERPA Tutorial 8
FERPA in Review
- You are responsible for protecting student record information in your possession.
- Student records may not be released without prior written consent of the student unless:
- the information is directory information AND student does not have a FERPA hold.
- the information is shared with another college official who has a legitimate educational interest.
- the situation meets one of the exception guidelines and requestor is referred to proper party for response (Enrollment Services or Student Life).
- FERPA protected records include, but are not limited to:
- Grades/educational progress information
- Test scores
- ID numbers (including last 4 digits only)
- Financial records
- Student conduct records
- Demographic information (address, phone number)
- Class schedules